Rural Liquid Fertilisers (RLF) is a specialised agricultural company.
RLF produces leading liquid fertiliser products that promote efficiency in use, protect and increase yield and provide improvements in crop quality. Researched and developed by accredited experts in the field of plant science, our products are directly supported by an experienced team of practical in-field professionals.
The Key Facts
- Farmers around the world in all cropping environments use our innovative products and comprehensive solutions to address crop production limitations and continuously improve on-farm practices. (Today RLF has over 5 million farmer customers).
- Our success is linked directly to the success of our farmer customers using RLF innovative products.
- We use the tools of modern plant physiology, advance chemistry and proprietary technologies in building liquid fertiliser products to support our demonstrated commitment to agriculture and the business of our farmer customers.
- Every day of the year, we work side by side farmers to deliver better on-farm profits and healthier foods to the world.
Considering the Opportunities and Options
Thank you for your considerations.
Your interest in RLF products and the distributor commercial opportunity is appreciated, and we trust that the profile and summary contained within this section will help categorise and simplify the benefits for you.
RLF Distributor Partners have access to so much more than just a network of product manufacture, delivery and distribution. Our relationship is a mutual experience, and it is our strong belief that the important customer groups of both our companies will benefit equally.
Making RLF your partner is a decision you are encouraged to consider and investigate further, and we hope that the following information will give you a clear picture of the scope of RLF’s services and support.
RLF Distribution Partners have access to much more than a specified line of products.
The Distribution Partnership provides the framework within which the distribution of products, plus all the added extras are incorporated. These extras include :
- new innovative technologies and modern farming practices
- products with unique market positions and exclusivity in the markets
- training and support
- marketing and promotions (both online and off-line)
They also allow you to develop products specific to your local area requirements.
It is more than simply being a Distributor. Rather it is a partnership with RLF and its proven products and systems. Together with your farmer customers we are able to provide innovative solutions to enable them to grow better crops and market produce for the betterment and benefit of us all.
The Commercial Model
RLF provides a flexible commercial model that allows for a balance of objectives that are specially selected or negotiated. These are often based on your current business practices or market strengths.
The common objective of this model is commercial success for both the partners. Together with the understanding that a vital business needs continuance (or renewal) through updates and refresh, new products and the constant development of new pathways going forward are offered as part of this model.
The RLF commercial model is by four systems, with predominantly three main channels to market. The four systems are :
- Global Partner
- Country Licence
- Exclusive Distributor Partner
- Non-exclusive Distributor Partner
These are further broken down into three general channels to the marketplace being.
- Fertilisers retail and distribution supplier network business
- Agricultural chemical business distributing complimentary products to your current range
- Direct to market (corporate, government and seed production)
The most suitable commercial model to fit your purpose will be agreed upon, and this is what RLF can make available to you.
The Products in the Market
RLF product structure allows Distributor Partners to achieve access to a larger market by having the full-spread of RLF product available to market.
RLF has products that compete in all three segments of the marketplace, and each can be supported by the other. The objective – to have access to new customers in new markets so that you gain greater market share.
Non-competitive products are the range of RLF products that have no, or highly limited competition or similar product competitors in the marketplace.
This includes the RLF specialised categories of Seed Priming, Ultra Foliar, Pasture, Root Boost and Rapid. These products are technologically advanced and unique and are only available through RLF.
Speciality products are those defined as purpose built products and are generally engineered and formulated for specific markets or crop-specific purposes.
This includes the Crop-Specific range of Foliar, Nutrient Chargers and market Specific products such as those specially developed for sugarcane and hydroponics. These speciality products generally apply common RLF technologies, but are suited to the speciality crop or area.
Competitive products means the more standard range of RLF products competing in a more commoditised marketplace. This includes the RLF categories Fertigation, Foliar and Bulk commoditised products.
Generally these are sold competitive to market – matching the general market expectations for comparable product lines.
The RLF commercial model aims to provide a full spread of products that are targeted at different segments of the agricultural marketplace.
Margins are generally managed in accordance with the market conditions in-country, including financial and farmer affordability, economic model of ‘cost versus return’ and the type of product and
In this way, the RLF commercial model provides for a range of :
- “non-competitive” products
- “speciality” products
- “competitive” products
All products competing within the same market place, but in different categories or market groups.
In this way, the Distributor Partner has the opportunity to work towards a margin return through the sale and distribution of the full range of product types. This spread of products gives great flexibility and opportunity to Distribution Partners in designing a business model by using RLF products.
The Market Exclusivity
Product distinction (unique and exclusive to your marketplace) is achieved through the introduction of new and innovative products that are generally new to market and not available through other competitors in your particular marketplace.
The Distributor Partner has the opportunity to bring an entire product range to marketplaces that, in parts, haven’t previously had access to these high-performance products.
Generally, in the product categories of Seed Priming, Ultra Foliar, Rapid, Pasture and even some of the Root Boost and Nutrient Charger categories – the Distributor Partner would not encounter large-scale competitive issues against these products. This provides the Distributor Partner with distinctive new types of product to sell in the local marketplace.
The reduced competitive retail environment lends to a complimentary sales strategy – allowing you to retail more commoditised and competitive products alongside a range of unique and distinctive products.
The Brands in the Market
An RLF Distributor Partner commercial model is developed to provide for a flexible and commercial approach to branding in your markets. The following options are available to a Distributor Partner under the different commercial models.
- RLF Branding
- Your Brand
- Joint Branding(RLF + Your Brand)
- Challenger Brand
- Segment Brand
RLF is flexible in working with its Distributor Partners to best represent the products in the market, and further to support the Distributor Partner in their own branding market objectives.
The Unique Selling Point around RLF Products
Given the unique nature of the RLF product categories and the product formulations contained within them, an opportunity exists for the marketing of the range based on a series of unique propositions that are unavailable to similar, or general competitor products.
This allows for investment into the promotion of these products on the basis that they bring a number of unique positions to the market that are unavailable from any other distributor or product at this time.
The Staged Introduction of Products to your Market
You also have the opportunity to introduce the RLF product range to your market in stages. This can support the overall longer term growth of the entire product range in your markets over time. This can also support your own product sales as RLF products are generally complimentary to your sales process.
In the first instance, the introduction of the non-competitive products allows for the evolution of Brand trust, and this improves subsequent potential for growth with the introduction of the more commoditised products
The RLF range has been developed to allow for a staged introduction – each category supporting the other in building market trust and reputation. This starts with the high-performance products and extends eventually to the commoditised competitive products.
The Category Model
RLF has designed its products into the following categories, allowing for differentiation in type and purpose.
- Seed Primming
- Ultra Foliar
- Rapid Fertiliser
- Pasture Plus
- Crop-Specific Foliar
- Root Boost
- Nutrient Charger
- Bulk Liquids
The Category Model gives a basis for identification of purpose, mode of use, marketing and sales direction and a general representation that RLF can provide a truly complete and fully integrated range of products.
The IFM Model
RLF introduces the ability for the Distributor Partner to sell products based on Integrated Fertiliser Management (IFM) practices.
RLF products are designed to work alongside existing granular fertiliser programs to give the opportunity for farmer customers to integrate new innovative high-performance products into their farm practices – with the aim of achieving higher yields, financial gains and at no extra input cost or risk.
The RLF model and product range has been developed to be able to fit into the IFM strategy. The IFM strategy, should it fit with the Distributor business model, can provide greater access to existing market share through the substitution of product sales away from your competitors, or from areas you have previously operated in or sold to.
The Mantra | Modern Farmer Practices + Innovation
RLF products can give the Distributor Partner the opportunity to incorporate into their business a range of innovative, technology-based products designed specifically for the farmer to implement modern farmer practice.
RLF products give the Distributor Partner the opportunity to market the benefits of innovation, by making sensible, measured changes to farmer practice to bring about increased benefits and gains. Only with change, and the ability to access new technologies, will the adaptation to new modern farmer practices be achieved in your local marketplace.
RLF Distributor Partners have the opportunity to support their farmer customers in bringing about these new innovative practices.
The Great Opportunity Commoditising the Nutrient Market
RLF has defined and categorised the nutrient market, for the purposes of making it more commoditised for your farmer customers. This makes it easier for them to understand the products best suitable for their particular cropping environments and enterprises.
The definition of the categories are suited to purpose – therefore the end user experience is clearer and less confusing. RLF Distributor Partners can be the first to take to market the range of products in the categories outlined above. This is a great opportunity.
The Future of Agriculture
Commentators and recognised agricultural experts agree that the trends in the global agricultural industry for the coming two or three decades are quite clear. Some of them are defined as being :
- the undeniable and expected massive growth in the demand for food
- the need for continual improvement as efficiencies are sought in supply chain practices,
crop yield and quality, and in-farm practices and management
- the imperative of protecting the areas of arable land currently under cultivation across the globe through the use of modern farming technologies and practice that restores goodness to the soil
- the importance of science and technology
- how innovation and innovative products will define success
- the reality of retail and packaging as a means of influencing agricultural decisions
- how intelligent packaging will shape sales and marketing
- how convenience and health choices will play a more important role in the marketplace
- the emergence of direct consumer-producer relationships
- the generational transformation brought about by a greater ease and comfort of accessing and using information technology
- the reliance on Partnership as a means of achieving successful outcomes
RLF products and systems work in support of these developing trends and represent the modern future of farmer practice. RLF is at the front of the modern farmer practice revolution.
The Realities of Future Need
The future of agriculture depends on applying change and improvement to the ways of growing and farming.
RLF gives Distributor Partners the opportunity to work within a developed framework targeting this very important outcome. The reality is that over coming years farmers will need to increase outputs and reduce input costs. This will force them to enter into a period of change from existing common farmer practices to the need to experiment and experience new innovative product technologies, new principals like fertilising the seed, high-analysis broad-spectrum and new ways (like IFM).
RLF understands that this is a global issue, and accordingly has built its product range, marketing and infrastructure to support and grow with this vision for the future.
A Trusted Brand with History on our Side
RLF has 25 years of experience in the global marketplace. It supports a diverse range of products, customers and markets. It has outstanding technical capacity and has a talented team of leaders and managers all supporting a committed team of people all working towards the promotion of the RLF Brand.
RLF is passionate about delivering real value and genuine on-farm financial returns and this is an excellent fit for any prospective Distributor Partner.
RLF Distributor Partnerships are more than just products. And being a Distributor is much more than just distributing product. Rather it is a partnership with RLF and its proven products and systems.
Together, with your farmer customers, we can provide innovation and solutions to enable them to grow better crops and market produce for the betterment and benefit of us all.
In summarising the benefits and support you will receive as a Distributor Partner you will enjoy access to :
- A Trusted Brand
- Commercial and Compliance Support
- An Excellent Product
- Skilled People and Knowledge
- Trial and Demonstration Evaluation Data
- Technical Services and Support
- Sales and Marketing Support and Services
- Reliable Supply
- Intelligent Packaging
- Labelling and Local Branding
- Global Websites
- Product Websites
- Superior Online Presence
- APPS and Mobile/Tablet Tools
- Extensive Video Library
- Training Materials
- Media Releases/RLF Insights and Special Report publishing
- Technical Bulletins
- TeamRLF intranet
- Design Service and Customer Support
- Product Development Pathways
- Access to the Widest Range of Products
RLF offers a solid Comercial Model.
- It offers a full spread of Products in the three market segments, being non-competitive, speciality and competitive markets.
- It gives opportunity for a higher than average margin return and enables you to bring distinctive products that are unique and exclusive to the marketplace.
- It allows you to Brand and establish Branding alternatives to suit your market objectives. And to manage and distribute Products with a ‘Unique Selling Point’ (USP).
- It enables a staged Product sales pathway based on trust in the market, with defined product categories to promote and sell given RLF’s full spread of products.
- It introduces new innovative practices such as the IFM model of Integrated Fertiliser Management. This relies upon high-performance products allowing for modern farmer practices + innovation.
- It is complemented by an easy to understand commoditised product range.
These are all Products designed for the future of agriculture and RLF and its Products are part of the solution to address the reality of future global food security needs.
JOIN A TRUSTED BRAND WITH HISTORY, RESPECT AND EXPERIENCE ON OUR SIDE.